Untitled Untitled Untitled

Dreams

I don't remember my dreams very often and when I do, they are always full of ideas and images that stick with me for days on end, and, they are usually of the nightmare genre.

I had one dream, 6 years ago, that has never ever left me. I cried the entire day after I had it and I cringe whenever it pops into my head now. I felt so dumb for crying over a dream and having such real feelings toward but then a friend told me that your brain, when it is dreaming, has no ability to make a distinction between reality and make believe. I don't know how true that really is, but it definitley makes sense and comforts me when this kind of thing happens.

The reason that I decided to post this is because I had one of those dreams a few nights ago.  It is not something I am going to discuss because I believe that dreams are only meant for you and that is why putting them into words never does them any justice.  
But it has me pondering...is this a normal thing? To have dreams so real that they haunt you for years on end and actually feel like a distant memory rather than a story? How do these stories even come about in your mind while you are sleeping?  This will be my third dream like this and none of them contain feelings or images that I want to welcome. 

I think I need to get a dream catcher. 
Nicole
        Louise


No comments:

Post a Comment